PRESENTATION NO 005 : POLOPAN-IT
(Pantoprazole 40mg + Itopride SR 150mg Capsules)
- Pantoprazole oral tablet is used to reduce the amount of stomach acid your body makes.
- It helps treat painful symptoms caused by conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Pantoprazole reduces the amount of acid your stomach makes.
- Short-Term Treatment Of Erosive Esophagitis Associated With Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
- Maintenance Of Healing Of Erosive Esophagitis.
- Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions Including Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
Pantoprazole is approved for:
- Treating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Treating ulcers of the stomach (peptic) and duodenum.
- Healing erosive esophagitis.
- Treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- SIDE EFFECTS
- Stomach pain
- Gas (flatulence)
- Joint pain
- Sensitivity to sunlight (phototoxic)
- Rare side effects include:
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Muscle pain
- Leg cramps
- Water retention
Dosage for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Adult dosage (ages 18 years and older)
- Typical dosage: 40 mg per day, taken once a day with or without food.
- Child dosage (ages 5–17 years)
- Typical dosage for children who weigh 40 kilograms or more: 40 mg taken once per day for up to 8 weeks.
- Typical dosage for children who weigh between 15 and 40 kilograms: 20 mg taken once per day for up to 8 weeks.
- This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Some symptoms may actually be signs of a more serious condition.
- Get medical help right away if you have:
- Heartburn with light headedness/sweating/dizziness, chest/jaw/arm/shoulder pain (especially with shortness of breath, unusual sweating), unexplained weight loss.
- increase your risk for bone fractures, especially with longer use, higher doses, and in older adults. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about ways to prevent bone loss/fracture
- IMPORTANT WARNINGS
- Increased risk of bone fracture in people taking higher, multiple daily doses for more than one year.
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency, which can lead to serious nerve damage and deteriorating brain functions.
- This has been seen in some people taking pantoprazole for longer than three years.
- Itopride is an effectively increases movement of food and facilitates emptying of the stomach.
- It is used for the treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Functional Dyspepsia, and other associated motility disorders.
USES OF ITOPRIDE
- Non-ulcer dyspepsia Itopride is used for the treatment of non-ulcer or functional dyspepsia.
- Symptoms may include fullness, discomfort and sometimes pain of the stomach.
- Gastroparesis Itopride is used for the treatment of condition where movement of food from the stomach is very slow resulting in delayed emptying.
- Nausea and vomiting Itopride is also sometimes used for the prevention and treatment of nausea and vomiting.
- This may be due to chemotherapy or a recent surgery
- Disorders associated with reduced gastrointestinal motility.
- Adult: 50 mg
- May reduce dose depending on the patient’s age and symptoms.
Major & minor side effects for itopride